Susan McBride is the author of women's fiction, including The Truth About Love and Lighting, Little Black Dress, and The Cougar Club. Foreign editions of her books have been published in France, Croatia, and Turkey. She has also written a short memoir for HarperCollins called In the Pink: How I Met the Perfect (Younger) Man, Survived Breast Cancer, and Found True Happiness After 40, which was released in October of 2012 to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In addition, Susan has a young adult thriller, Very Bad Things, in the pipeline at Random House/Delacorte.
Susan previously wrote the award-winning Debutante Dropout Mysteries (HarperCollins/Avon), including Blue Blood, The Good Girl's Guide To Murder, The Lone Star Lonely Hearts Club, Night Of The Living Deb, and Too Pretty To Die. She has authored several YA series books for Random House about debutantes in Houston, the debut in 2008 appropriately titled The Debs and followed by Love, Lies, And Texas Dips in 2009. Gloves Off, the third book, has not yet been released.
On the personal front, Susan calls herself an "accidental Cougar" after meeting a man nine years younger in 2005 when she was a St. Louis Magazine Top Single. They were married in February 2008 and live happily ever after in a suburb of St. Louis. Susan is a six-year breast cancer survivor and often speaks to women's groups about her experience. In January of 2012, she was named one of St. Louis's "Most Dynamic People of the Year" by the Ladue News. In April of 2012, she was given the "Survivor of the Year" Award by the St. Louis affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. And in June of 2012, she and her husband welcomed their first baby, Emily! As Susan likes to say, "Life is never boring."
"Great Day St. Louis" (2/13/13): Susan talks about The Truth About Love and Lightning.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (2/13/13): Susan talks about The Truth About Love and Lightning.
- Fox 2 News St. Louis (10/25/12): Susan talks about In the Pink.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (10/3/12): Susan talks about In the Pink.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (5/9/12): Susan and her obstetrician, Dr. Christine Ladd, talk about being pregnant over 40.
- "Great Day St. Louis" (2/13/12)
- Ladue News "Most Dynamic People of the Year" interview (1/26/12)
- Town & Style interview (1/18/12; turn to pg. 24)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (12/15/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (10/12/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (8/23/11)
- St. Louis Beacon review/interview (8/22/11)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Q&A (8/21/11)
- LipstickNLaundry: Little Black Dress interview
- "Great Day St. Louis" (7/20/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (5/17/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (3/30/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (2/14/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (1/19/11)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (12/9/10)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (09/30/10)
- Suburban Woman (7/21/10)
- St. Louis Magazine June 2010 Summer Books List
- "Up Close & Personal" BlogTalkRadio (02/08/10)
- Fox 2 News in the Morning (02/01/10)
- "Great Day St. Louis" (01/26/10)
- Avon Author Video for Cougar Club
- BlogTalkRadio/Real Cougar Woman Show Interview
- Missouri Life Magazine (October 2009)
- Redbook Magazine (June 2009)
Susan's Literary Agency:
The Jane Rotrosen Agency
318 East 51st Street
New York, NY 10022
Debutante Dropout Series:
Young Adult Novels:
To contact Susan:
Right click and select "save as" to download high resolution photos.